Google Ads is an integral part of marketing strategies and to be competitive, it’s not always about much money you spend but how you spend it.
In our experience of conducting account audits, we find that many companies who are struggling to get AdWords to work for them can see significant improvement by fixing some errors that are often more common than you’d expect.
What do I get in my Google Ads audit?
Your detailed audit will be with you in 24-48 hours after granting access. This will include;
- Areas you can improve your Google Ads account
- Why you should improve these areas
- Specific examples from your account of how you can improve results and save money.
If we can’t find areas to improve, we will let you know and give your money back.
How do I begin?
Getting an Alix Digital Google Ads audit couldn’t be easier. Simply follow the steps below to get started:
- Get in touch using the form above. Don’t forget to include your Google Ads ID.
- A linking request will arrive in your account. Please accept this.
- We will send an invoice of £99 for the audit.
- As soon as the linking has been accepted and the invoice has been paid, we will get cracking on your audit.
- Your audit is emailed to you in 24-48 hours.
Any questions? We can help, simply get in touch using the form below or drop us a call on 01792 398299
Google Ads audit FAQ
How long does a Google Ads audit take?
So long as you have given us access, we can turn around an audit in less than 48hours.
Will my audit contain “recommendations” from Google?
No. Your audit will not contain the standard recommendations from Google, it will go into much more detail and be entirely bespoke to your business.
What happens if you don’t find any improvement opportunities?
This not happened to date. However, if we find little-no optimisation opportunities we will let you know and refund you immediately.
Can you audit our Bing Ads account?
Yes, if you would like a Bing Ads audit, simply provide your Bing Ads ID instead of your Google customer ID. The process will remain the same.
What if I don’t understand the audit?
We always try to write the audit in plain English. We avoid jargon and prefer to make things clear. However, if there is anything in your audit that you are unsure about, let us know and we will be happy to help.